The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH)
Grant Program (Starting 2008-2009)
* Established to benefit current and prospective teachers.
* Maximum award is $4,000 per academic year.
* Aggregate maximum is $16,000 for students on their first undergraduate or post-baccalaureate (nondegree) program, and $8,000 for graduate students.
* Must not exceed the student's cost of attendance.
* May be prorated if the student is not full-time (12 or more credit hours).
* Must be currently completing coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching; or plan on completing coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching.
* Must have at least a 3.25 GPA for each payment period and have a score above the 75th percentile on an admissions test, such as the SAT, ACT or GRE
* Students must sign an understanding of terms to certify that they understand the terms of the grant and the terms of their teaching service requirements.
* The student must teach full-time for at least four years within eight years of completing the program as a: highly qualified teacher, at a Title I school, in a specified subject area (mathematics, science, a foreign language, bilingual education, special education, as a reading specialist, and other “high-need" fields).
* If this service is not fulfilled, the grant must be repaid as an Unsubsidized Direct Stafford Loan, with interest from the date(s) of original disbursement.
* TEACH - Grant Information (*NEW* for 2008-2009)